The Weekly Roundup: Skin Cancer Awareness (5.17.19)
Skin cancer is on the rise, especially in Arizona, Colorado, and on the eastern seaboard. May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and it is a great time to increase conversations about sun protection—even in our Sterling pharmacies in Minnesota, where theoretically the last of the snow has come and gone (fingers crossed). Pharmacists have played a historic role in prevention and continue to do so today. These products are among those that your patients are reading about in the consumer press. Here are some tips for making sun protection recommendations in advance of Memorial Day Weekend. Consider sharing stories like this across your social feeds to raise awareness of the condition. Or, feel free to download or share this free resource to supplement your patient education.
Here are a few other stories that might be of interest:
- Congress continues to wrangle healthcare legislation amid accusations of partisanship from both sides of the aisle.
- Acting FDA commissioner has provided guidance on interchangeable biologics as part of a Biosimilars Action Plan designed to encourage innovation and competition in the space.
- The NCPA and AmerisourceBergen Foundations have partnered on a grant program geared toward providing disaster relief to pharmacies.
- Certain pharma ads in July will be required to include prices. Here's a quick take on what that may mean for pharmacists.
- Anxious? Here are a few thoughts on how that may impact you at work and what to do about it.
- Check out this diagnostic resource for children with fluid in the middle ear.
[Editor’s note:] Our inboxes are stuffed with newsletters and our coffee tables stacked with magazines and industry digests. I’m sure yours are, too. So, we’ve decided to run a weekly sampling of interesting stories, issues coverage, and business ideas we come across each week. We hope you’ll share some of your favorites, too. Drop us a line at email@example.com.
Sign up now to receive the latest independent
pharmacy news, tips, and resources.
There is little doubt that for most pet owners, Fido is part of the family—and may represent a good way to diversify pharmacy topline revenue. Popular retailer PetSmart launched an online pet pharmacy in 2017, and this week, Walmart got on board with their...
This week, Merck announced it was responding to an uptick in demand for the measles vaccine during the largest outbreak in a quarter century. From January to April 26 this year, the CDC reports 704 cases have been confirmed in 22 states. Offshore, a cruise ship has been...