Meet Your Patients Where They Are
Unlike our big-box, nationwide competitors, most independent pharmacies don’t have the financial resources to constantly advertise in order to stay top-of-mind with patients. Thankfully, we do have something the competition doesn’t—a team that is truly passionate about the health of our patients.
To make the most of our advantage, we need to meet our patients where they are. The new year is here, and it is time to make a plan to connect with your patients. The following ideas are just a handful of ways you can connect with your patients in 2020:
- Join in sponsoring a community activity like a 5K run/walk.
- Hold a community health fair in your parking lot when the weather permits in your area.
- Plan in-house clinics to provide a service, like flu shots or cholesterol checks, and opportunities to talk about behaviors and health practices that show you’re a part of the community.
- Bring in a nurse from a long-term care facility in your community to talk about transitions in care.
- Ask a local physician or another health professional to come in and hold a seminar on particular issues like non-drug alternatives to managing pain.
Looking for more ways to deepen your customer relationships? We’ve put together a few ideas to help you continue to strengthen and build your existing customer relationships—and perhaps set the stage for capturing a few new ones. Download our free Five Ways to Deepen Customer Relationships eBook today!
Sign up now to receive the latest independent
pharmacy news, tips, and resources.
The new year is upon us! This means that many of your patients are considering health-related resolutions for 2020. Their renewed focus on health provides a great opportunity for your team to build relationships with your patients. There are many ways to get ourselves on a...
As we all prepare for a fun holiday season filled with gift giving, great meals, and parties with families and friends, we also need to prepare for a not-so-fun season: flu season. Many of your patients have already received their flu shots. However, those are...